– May 1, Keel has also reached the Ocean! Video update coming soon.
– April 24, Paul has reached the Pacific Ocean. Epic trip with a smash hit ending…. story coming soon.
– April 9
- After a visit to the hospital & x-rays it is confirmed. Paul has re-fractured an old injury on his left ankle. Paul’s plans are to return to the Columbia after the EF Lewis race this weekend. Regarding returning Paul had this to say: “When I broke my ankle 4 years ago I was going to Humboldt State University. If I can manage to get to class at ‘Hills and Stairs University’ (H.S.U.). Then I should be able to finish the Columbia”. He plans to sleep on the cataraft and avoid walking, especially in sandals…
- No word from Keel. Last heard he was in Hood River and taking a break from the wind.
- The source of the Columbia is still locked down under ice and snow. The team will be unable to complete the expedition by the end of April and will have to return to the source at a later date.
- WHITEWATER UPDATE – Paul needing a bit of “whitewater therapy” headed out with Todd Anderson, Erik Boomer, Cody Howard, and Lane Jacobs for a quick Money Drop Session. Todd, Erik, & Paul all had great lines. Afterwards Paul hobbled back to the car, the ankle feeling good and the drop even better! Update will be at HuckinHuge. The rest of the crew got on more LW laps and other Columbia River Gorge goodness.
– April 4, Okay..here is the update. Lots of stuff happening.
- Keel hitchhikes into Hood River and handles business, then returns to John Day Dam and puts back in where he left off. Time off river: 2.5 days – need wind break.
- Paul was pinned down BIG TIME. Stuck for a day till the winds died down, he then paddles for 16 hours / 40 miles straight. When finally pullng over to stop, he slips on an extremely steep embankment and possibly broke his ankle (xrays pending). Ground Support picks him up after two days of trying to “push on”. Plans are to get the ankle examined and then “continue the fun!”
- Party in Hood River was fun, Rush Sturges shows up and runs Metlako, L-Dub was sick with a 3.7 flow as the team boofs their way down to the Columbia River.
GS out… update with results shortly.
– April 2, Contact made via phone with Paul. He has been sitting in the same spot since 7am. The wind was blowing 65 mph at Mcnary two days ago and Paul said it’s pretty much the same today. The sandy beaches are gone and he is getting into the rough landscape of the gorge. He is trying for John Day Dam tonight if the winds calm down. paddle hard!