Posted by: Columbia River | March 7, 2009

TCE – Arrow Lake

Arrow Lake and the surrounding Monashee and Selkirk Mountains were experiencing a winter inversion with snow pounding the low elevations. According to Roger at the Mushroom Addition in Fauquier “The golf course is usually open this time of year”. However 3 feet of snow still sit with another storm moving in. Here is the first Video Update since the Launch of the Expedition.

Paul was able to proceed through the Locks at Keenleyside Dam and is now in one of the short sections of moving water on the Columbia. We are anxiously awaiting a phone call as soon as he is back in the states. Check back for daily updates on Ground Support Journal & TCE Live.




  1. Oh my god that looks miserable boys. Can’t say I didn’t warn yah. Good on yah for getting out there anyway… I’m enjoying a warm Moka here in my cozy house with 75 degree weather today. Just watching this makes me want to go take a nice hot shower. Try not to freeze to death.

  2. Yo Keel! Get after it!!! I’m sure it’s lonely out there and quitting would be all too easy, but don’t do it!! Break the trip up until small manageable segments and finish strong all the way to Astoria. Then you can ride bikes to Idaho with me! You’ll need some lower body exercise after all that paddling. Kill it brother!


  3. Wow, you guys are awesome. Paul sometimes I think you are insane… but some of the best things in life have come from crazy people. 🙂 Good luck boys!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s